Thursday, February 9, 2012

Visiting Alumni!- Gabe Fredericks

Just when you decide that you will never have a job, the Photo Department starts throwing uber successful alumni at you. Gabe Fredericks, owner of Philip Gabriel Photography came to Photo to dazzle us all with charm, only kidding, but enthusiasm was in no way lacking. I don't think I have ever seen (or ever will see) someone as excited about wedding pictures as this guy. Sure some of you may be saying "I don't want to do weddings! Am I destined to be just another wedding photographer?" Gabe isn't just another wedding photographer, nor does he seem to do it in a cop-out way, he genuinely and wholeheartedly loves it. This, my fellow photons, is the key. You are off the hook, you don't have to do weddings, do something that fits you. He fits exactly where he is. Do I think I fit there? No, I don't... but like Gabe, we have to be willing to search for our niche.
I know I am kinda side-tracking here, but in any case, it is pretty cool to get to see some fellow T.S.A. grads, I hope I get asked to come back in 10 years and wow everyone with my stories of being...a librarian...or something.
Stay tuned-- we had 2 other Alumni come in this week.

xoxo,
      Charlie






No comments:

Post a Comment