Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is why...

It is just about that time, assignments are over, those intimidating class crits have (mostly) come to an end. Your professor won't be asking you that terrifying question ("how is it going?"). No more deadlines, for some this is a scary thought... for others, it is a relief.
The summer is a perfect time to play, there is no one peering over your shoulder, there are no expectations. After all, isn't that our true love of what we do? To create freely?
So I am here to remind you, and to share with you...why we all do that thing we do

Artist's in their own words...

- Because it's way more fun then writing papers ( Mike Perry)
- To express an inner thought ( Molly Dwyer)
- It's all I know...well, and how to communicate with whales; but only one of those talents has a place in society (Ashley Scriv)
- To process life (Christi Fail)
- To explore on the inside (Chelsea Mahaffey)
- The day I stop making art is the day I stop learning (Eunice Yu)
- Because a lot of the time I am too shy to say what I think out loud (Tiffany Shelly)
- How else would I be able to make giant paper airplanes just for the hell of it? (Matt Giacomucci)
- Because I forget how to follow guidelines, and keep losing the syllabus (Jess Stewart)

Keep it legit people. Graduating Seniors-- I will miss you all dearly, it has been an honor to see your work, and to work alongside you.

xoxo,
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment