Saturday, May 14, 2011

No rest for the wicked...

Hello! Greetings from Suburbia, I have officially left the basement, but my heart is still in the cold dark cage with my fellow photo neurotics.
The semester has ended, and it is past, in the past, past-tense. Which can truly be a beautiful opportunity. Remember all those things you needed tweaking? those skill sets you needed to brush up on? GET CRACKIN' and if you forget what they are... I am happy to remind you (only kidding, maybe)
I would like to share this thought with you
"Success is less interesting then struggle. There is great pleasure in the effort" -Willa Cather

And Pt. 2; 'why we make stuff'

Because nothing else I do gives me as much frustration or satisfaction upon completion, it makes it worth everything. (Megan Bogart)

So people can eat it. (Kelly Talbot)

I don't know how else to communicate; I create because otherwise I'd be mute. (Keristin Gaber)

Because dick drawings will always be funny... (Jesse Ruskap)

To make sense of me. (Steph Hedges)

My creations tell me what I'm trying to say. (Rachel Kotkoskie)

Because the world is stupid, some of my work documents the stupidity; some of my work, which I like better, is about the meditative process of creating...which allows me to escape the idiocy. (Bridgette Larson)

Because my ADD is way too bad to work in a cubicle all day (Ana Tamaccio)

It makes me feel sexy. (Brittany Beltramo)



xoxo


-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment