Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Luke Cloran: Wake




Wake- we rise from a trance and seem to enter into a new one, continuously sinking into another strand of reality. We are pulled from our recognized world into another and back again. This mixed media presentation is stimulating in a variety of ways, we are not handed the answers, rather a norm is challenged, our complacency is tested. I have the ability to be mesmerized by beautiful images, to swoon over graceful gradations... but do I want to know more? I do, because the beautiful doesn't capture me for long, the work begins the testing of my own boundaries as a video piece wrenches my gut in a way I cannot remove myself from. Captured in this world of the artist's making, captured in disembodied hands that tell a story I could never express so accurately.
Well done friend,
xoxo
-Charlie

Dec. 8th 6pm- 9p.m.
Stella Elkins Gallery
Tyler School of Art
You all have benefit of hitting up TWO awesome shows by some exceptional people, take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment