Thursday, April 14, 2011

Natalie Piserchio BFA Thesis


Natalie's opening for her show Emergence will be tomorrow from 6-9 p.m.

In viewing this exhibition I was instantly struck by the sheer loveliness of each individual piece. They quietly reflect change and growth, as if slowly distancing the viewer from a former world. A world that was perhaps clouded with the foggy self doubt we all encounter at one point or another. It pushes me to search inside of myself to find the parts I wish to leave behind and the parts I will cling to, for I have found their strength and value. I am drawn in to make connections to the subject within my own thoughts. Natalie has removed the distractions that often sidetrack us from being able to take a look at the quietness we carry. The glimpses of the figure become a glimpse of myself.

I'll see you at the opening,
xoxo
-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment